Thursday, October 8, 2009

"Walk Holy, Walk Humbly"

Today's Meditation: "We beseech you and exhort you by the Lord Jesus that as you have received of us how you ought to walk and to please God, so that you will abound more and more.... v.7 For God has not called us to uncleanness, but he has called us to holiness." 1Thessalonians 4:1 and v7

As a minister of dance, presentation is everything. How we look, how we speak, how we behave--how we live, how we love; even up for critique at times: how we laugh! Our very lifestyle as Believers and as citizens of this Kingdom here on earth is always on display and observation, thus up for some one's discussion. Our posture as dancers is so much more than sitting in a chair properly, moving across a room gracefully, or standing in the perfect upright position when we are in public.

The question is, what is the posture of our hearts and minds? Are we standing in upright position with God when no one is watching? I am constantly confronted with decisions, temptations, and opportunities to live a life in direct opposition to what my very soul knows to be right, as I'm sure many of you are DAILY. In these moments, my strength comes in remembering that indeed I can live holy, if I walk in humble authority among humanity. I remember that the power of the Call, far outweighs the power of negative thoughts, words, and deeds. Let this be our prayer today: "I am walking in the Light of God. Lord, lead me into the path of ever-increasing holiness of mind, body, and spirit." Amen.
Rev. Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment